“My brothers and sisters, we are surrounded by those in need of our attention, our encouragement, our support, our comfort, our kindness—be they family members, friends, acquaintances, or strangers. We are the Lord’s hands here upon the earth, with the mandate to serve and to lift His children. He is dependent upon each of us.”

Thomas S. Monson, “What Have I Done for Someone Today?” Ensign, Nov. 2009, 86

Saturday, May 8, 2010

Happy Mother's Day!

If you are reading this you must have been successfully invited. I hope you will pass on to others that we are online and hopefully I can find the emails I entered incorrectly.

Here's some news...
The Tongans in our ward have invited us to participate in their branch swap meet.
It is Saturday, May 29th from 5-8 p.m. at their meetinghouse, 11800 S 2700 W.
We are invited to donate clothing, furniture, household items any time to...shoot, I forgot her name... at 4689 Midas Gold Road, across the street from Fishers. Then come to the swap meet and take home whatever you can use and enjoy...dinner! Tongan style!!! Can't wait for that. Dinner is free. I hope they have enough.

Join us this week on Wednesday, the 12th at the church for our Relief Society pot luck salad dinner. You can also enjoy a guest speaker who will be giving us instruction on personal safety.

Mark your calendars now for our Breakfast and Hike on Saturday, June 5th at 8 a.m. We'll meet at the church for breakfast then head out for some fresh mountain air.

I hope this blog will be effective and helpful to all of you. I'd love to post links to your businesses or whatever. Please comment with things you'd like to see here.

I hope you all feel as special as you are for Mother's Day.
Love to all of you!
Carey

2 comments:

  1. Her name is Kalo. Thanks Carrie Lingmann! Sorry Kalo.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a great way for us to keep in touch with everyone from our mission. Maybe we'll make one too.
    Great job girls, thank you;-)

    ReplyDelete